Sort of tastes like a waffle. 8/10, would make again, but also add goat cheese to make it extra savory!
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, grated
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oil, plus more for waffle iron and frying pan
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- Goat cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat waffle iron and grease well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk 1 egg (or egg whites). Add in grated sweet potato (don’t forget to wipe it down–the extra water can be tricky, so grate it and then squeeze the water out)– it should be around a heaping cup–plus seasonings and 1 tsp oil. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Once waffle iron has fully heated, pack in sweet potato hash mixture into iron, covering all of the quadrants. Press waffle iron down gently and allow sweet potato to cook about 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- While the waffle is cooking saute kale in pan with oil on medium heat until slightly crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Fry or scramble egg in same pan (remove kale or keep in, your choice) to personal preference.
- Once sweet potato waffle is ready gently remove with butter knife and transfer to plate. Layer on kale, fried egg, goat cheese, and avocado slices. Finish with salt and pepper if you wish and enjoy!
My birds couldn’t tell the difference between it and a traditional one, so they went to town eating all the vitamin-A rich things. #crazybirdlady